The PSAQ already ensures that:
- it keeps membership information confidential
- neither “personal” nor “sensitive” information is passed on to any third party, other than as required by law.
In order to voluntarily comply with the Privacy Act, the PSAQ has:
- reviewed how it collects personal information
- reviewed how it uses and discloses personal information
- made amendments to the forms it uses to collect information (membership application/s, and on-line collection points)
- developed a brief policy document that outlines the PSAQ's privacy processes
- addressed issues such as access to information and how complaints about privacy matters are handled.