Important Meetings for Sales & Property Management Professionals
The new Fair Work Australia legislation requires many industries, including real estate, to have a modern Federal award in place by 1 January 2010. If approved, this award will affect employees of corporations, and perhaps eventually, all other employees.
Many matters will be common to all employment sectors, however the real estate industry is quite different from any other (especially in its reliance on commission & incentive-based payment methods), and therefore is acknowledged by the Australian Industrial Relations Commission as needing 'separate consideration'.
The industry's employer and employee associations in most states have, over the past few months, negotiated an agreed position on many working conditions. We are one of very few industries where such agreement has occurred.
The Property Sales Association of Queensland (PSAQ), representing the interests of employees, has led the way in these negotiations, nationally. Now it is essential for the professional sales & property management people of the industry, to:
- be informed as to how you might be affected; and
- provide feedback to the people representing you in these matters.
In addition, there have been a number of recent changes as a result of the new Fair Work Act 2009. The more notable of these changes are:
- Changes to dismissal laws.
- The process for making Enterprise Agreements.
- The apparent discontinuance of 12-month wage averaging.
Everyone who works in the industry is invited to attend a free sixty minute information session about these matters. Presenters will be either Barry Gannon (PSAQ State & Federal Secretary), Andrew Ross or Tom French (PSAQ Vice Presidents).
This information affects almost every person in the industry - it's in your interests to know what is happening!
- Wednesday 27 May 2009 - 7.30 for 7.45 AM
- REIQ, 21 Turbo Drive, Coorparoo QLD 4151
- Thursday 23 July - 9.45 to 10.45 AM
- Islander Room, Pacific International Hotel, 43 The Esplanade, Cairns QLD 4870
- Wednesday 15 July 2009 - 10.00 to 11.00 AM
- Gold Coast TAFE Ashmore Campus, Heeb Street & Benowa Road, Ashmore QLD 4217
- Tuesday 14 July 2009 - 10.00 to 11.00 AM
- Sunshine Coast TAFE Mooloolaba Campus, 34 Lady Musgrave Drive, Mountain Creek QLD 4557
- Thursday 16 July 2009 - 9.30 to 10.30 AM
- 'B' Block, Toowoomba TAFE Bridge Street Campus, Bridge Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350
- To be advised!
Download a Summary: